Blueberry harvest is coming! We will begin harvesting our blueberries around the second week of July, in the mean time we still have our Frozen Blueberries Available! These are washed and frozen in the peak of the season so you can enjoy those large sweet berries you have come to love. Bowermans Farm Market opens Monday June 8th with all of your bakery favorites! Looking for a summertime treat to make yourself? Try making these Blueberry Crumble Bars with Bowerman’s Frozen Bluberries!
Blueberry Crumble Bake
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Blueberry Crumble Slice. Moreish little bites bursting with jammy juicy blueberry flavour.
Author: Nicky @ Kitchensanctuary.com
Recipe type: Dessert
- Crumble base and topping
- 360g/12.75oz plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 230g/8oz cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 120g/4oz white sugar
- 120g/4oz light brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Blueberry Filling
- 450g/16oz Bowerman’s Fresh or Frozen (thawed) blueberries
- 120g/4oz white sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat your oven to 190c/375f. Line a 32.5cm(12.8″)x18.5cm(7.3″) tray with baking parchment and put to one side.
- First make your crumble. Place the flour, baking powder and cold butter cubes in a large bowl. Rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips until the mix resembles breadcrumbs. Don’t worry if you have some large chunks in there – it adds to the texture. Add in the white and brown sugar, the salt, egg and vanilla extract, then give it a mix with your hands. Take approx. half of this mixture and place it into your prepared baking tray. Flatten the mixture down and squash it to the edges and corners.
- Take a medium sized bowl and add your blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch. Mix together gently and then layer this mixture on top of your crumble base. Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture on top of the blueberries and place in the oven to cook for 40 minutes – until the topping looks golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool in the tin before gently sliding the bake (baking parchment too) onto a cutting board. Slide out the baking parchment and cut the bake into 32 bite sized pieces or 18 larger pieces.